Back-end / Cloud-native Mid/Senior developer
Full-time / Employee or Contractor
Montpellier, FR / Hybrid
Who we are
Southwatts is a fast-growing, high-performance business that supports multinational companies operating in complex environments. Our international team is driven by a desire to tackle new challenges innovatively and stay ahead of the curve in data analysis.
We are looking for people who want to do the same.
The company is based in Montpellier, France. However, we all work remotely. For this specific job, we offer a hybrid setting, meaning you should be able to come to Montpellier two/three times a week.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment that confronts you with various projects and challenges. Your ability to adapt and grasp new concepts will be stimulated.
Processes are built collectively, and you will be asked to share your views.
Join our dynamic team as a back-end and cloud-native developer at SouthWatts. We are seeking a talented individual with expertise in cloud native technologies and architectures, specifically with a focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and NodeJS. As a back-end developer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining an in-house solution for which scalability is a crucial aspect.
- Design, develop, and deploy a cloud-native, scalable back-end solution.
- As part of the development team, you will have a direct say in the conversations to translate requirements into appropriate technical solutions, and more specifically, you will drive the process of designing the evolutions of the back end of our in-house solutions.
- Implement APIs, microservices, and serverless functions.
- Write high-quality, well-tested code and conduct unit testing.
- Implement and optimise CI/CD pipelines for efficient software delivery.
- Ability to work on-site regularly (two/three times a week).
- Ability to work autonomously, with previous experience working remotely.
- Proficient level of English.
- Bachelor's degree or provable equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Proven experience as a back-end developer with a focus on cloud-native technologies.
- Strong expertise in GCP, notably Cloud Run, Cloud Function, AppEngine, BigQuery, IAM, and Datastore.
- Proficiency in MySQL, NodeJS, and Typescript.
- Solid understanding of Git and experience with Git flow.
- Familiarity with unit testing and CI/CD automation.
- Certification(s) in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Familiarity with other cloud providers and technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of serverless computing and event-driven architectures.
- Experience with performance optimisation and scalability techniques.
- Knowledge of Puppeteer.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Knowledge of Nuxt 3.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, notably through GitHub Actions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of AI-based development utilities, helpers and tools.
Salary & benefits
45 - 60k euros, depending on skills and experience. Freelancers are welcome. That would be for a long contract with adequate rates.
As an employee based in France, the package includes:
- Five paid weeks of holidays
- +/- 10 paid public holidays a year
- Health insurance
- Paid sick leaves
- Pre-paid lunches
- Financial aid for coworking space
- End-of-the-year gifts
- Teambuilding activities once or twice a year
- Other rewards
As a contractor, you get financial extra to compensate for some employee-only perks.
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.