Data Engineer with experience in Web Analytics
Full-time | Employee or Contractor
Montpellier, FR / Remote
For this specific mission, experience and profile are going to be key. Please make sure you match the criteria before applying. Freelancers are welcome.
For this position, we are looking for someone who is 80% Data Engineer, and 20% Web Analytics Engineer.
The data engineer will be working with our clients to transform raw data into useful data systems. This person will be capable of fulfilling client requests while leaving room for proactive initiatives.
If you are this person, you will be mainly focusing on delivery activities, though you will also participate in a variety of activities ranging from:Daily, 80% of the time:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Extract and Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- Bring the perspective of the engineer during data analysis
- Tag Management activities
- Reaction of Tagging plan
- Validating implementations
You will be in touch with a variety of teams including (but not limited to):
- Client Web Analytics team
- Client Data team
- Client IT departments
- Client Product owners
- Client Leadership team
- Internal Delivery team
- Internal Leadership team
- Development teams
The business structures that our clients manage are always specific, complex, and heterogeneous in maturity. It is important you are:
- Independent, proactive, analytical and open-minded
- Able to foresee the impact of your actions in the long-term
- Able to patiently explain technical issues to people who are not experts
- Time difference smaller than 3 hours with France time (plus or minus)
- At least 3 years of professional experience (meaning outside of internships or similar)
- We are open to freelancers
- Critical mind
- Team player
Communication will be in English. It is crucial to us that you can show:
- Some experience in Tag Management Systems and Web Analytics tools (ex: Google Analytics)
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages for data management (e.g.Python)
- Hands-on experience with database designs and query languages
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Experience or certification on GCP or Azure (ideally both)
- Some experience in dashboarding and data presentation
- Analytics tools (Tableau, Adobe Analytics, Power BI)
- Google Cloud certification or a Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
- Google Data Studio
- Google Optimize
What is most important to us
- Proficiency in and passion for data in general
- Willingness to participate in an entrepreneurial journey
We are currently based in France, so the contract is based on French law. It includes: private health care, 5 paid weeks of holidays, and paid sick leaves.
Working remotely is an option, or you can work from SouthWatts offices in France if you prefer.
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.
You will be working in an environment that confronts you to a wide variety of issues, technologies. Your creativity and ability to find solutions will be stimulated.