Digital Analytics Engineer
Full time / Employee or Contractor
Montpellier, FR / Remote
Who we are
Southwatts is a fast-growing high-performance business that supports multinational companies operating in complex environments.
Our international team is driven by a desire to tackle new challenges in innovative ways and stay ahead of the curve in data analysis.
We are looking for people who want to do the same.
The company is based in Montpellier, France. However, we all work remotely. If this is the type of job you are looking for, the time difference must be less than 3 hours with France time (plus or minus), and be able to work from 9:00 to 18:00.
You will be working in an environment that confronts you with a wide variety of issues, and technologies. Your creativity and ability to find solutions will be stimulated.
Processes are built collectively, and you will be asked to share your views.
We are looking for a passionate, proactive, experienced, and technically savvy digital analytics engineer to work on Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics.
- Auditing web analytics framework; including data layer, tag management systems, and reporting capabilities
- Collaborating with analysts to create solution designs
- Configuring and optimizing tag management and analytics tools
- Following implementations, deployments, and providing quality assurance
- Maintaining high data quality and coherence across the client's implementations
- Creating first-party data collection architecture for server-side tracking
- Assisting on level 3 end-user, partner, and internal staff requests whether that be questions or requests
- Investigating and resolving incidents or bugs on the data collection pipeline, as well as escalating to relevant teams if required
- Creating and managing reference documentation on data collection architecture, technical specifications, implementation and configuration practices
- Leveraging Google Tag Manager and 3rd party tools API's to build alerting scripts and automations for data quality monitoring
You will be in touch with a variety of teams including (but not limited to):
- Client IT teams
- Client Data teams
- Client Product owners
- Third parties development teams
Most of the team is French, but communication will be in English. The core of our offer is based on Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics.
- 5+ years of experience implementing Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics. More than a use case, we will look at the understanding of the concepts of each tool, and how you are able to use them to create deployability and maintainability.
- Exposure to and knowledge of Google Cloud services/Python/SQL/Google BigQuery
Bonus points for:
- Fluency in French
- Experience working in the e-commerce industry
- Experience working with analytics implementations for mobile applications
- Experience working with analytics tools other than Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
- Google Cloud certification
- You have a strong appetite for challenging environments
- You take client satisfaction to heart, ensuring work is delivered to a high standard
- You are collaborative and understand that the sum of our parts is better than the individual
- You enjoy working in a structured environment
- You have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- You are organized and able to balance working on multiple projects
- You know the importance of details and quality in all your deliveries
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are interested in working in a small, growing team
- You are always seeking opportunities to continue learning and to pioneer new techniques or tools
Salary & benefits
45-50k euros, depending on skills and experience. Freelancers are welcome, that would be for a long contract with adequate rates.
As an employee based in France, the package includes:
- 5 paid weeks of holidays
- +/- 10 paid public holidays a year
- Health insurance
- Paid sick leaves
- Prepaid lunches
- Financial aid for co-working space
- End of the year gifts
- Team-building activities once or twice a year
- Other rewards
As a contractor, you get financial extra to compensate for some "employee-only" perks.
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.