Product Owner / Project Manager
Full-time / Employee
Montpellier, FR / Hybrid
Who we are
SouthWatts is a fast-growing, high-performance business that supports multinational companies operating in complex environments.
Our international team is driven by a desire to grow with our clients and to deliver high-standard services. We are looking for people who want to do the same.
The company is headquartered in Montpellier, France. For this position, we will ask you to be able to come to the office at least two days a week to sit with the development team.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment that confronts you with various projects and challenges. Your ability to adapt and grasp new concepts will be stimulated.
We seek a passionate, proactive, and curious Product Owner to work mainly on a new solution that will go on the market in 2024, covering data governance needs.
Initially, your role is versatile as you will be the only business representative on the team. As such, the job is at the crossroads of Product Owner, Project Manager, Scrum Master, and Business Analyst.
The rest of the team includes two devs, one IT architect, and one designer.
You will help us deliver high-quality products that solve our customersâ problems. You will be the key person who defines the product features, aligns them with the business goals, and prioritizes them according to the customer value. You will also collaborate with the development team and other stakeholders to ensure the product development process is smooth and efficient:
- Create and maintain the product backlog and prioritize the user stories and tasks based on the customer value and business objectives defined by the top management.
- Work with the dev team to plan and execute the product sprints and review and accept the deliverables
- Act as the main point of contact for the dev team and provide guidance and feedback
- Engage with the end-users and collect feedback to validate and improve the product features and usability
- Monitor and evaluate the product performance and user satisfaction, and identify areas for improvement
- Keep up to date with the market trends and the customer needs, and adjust the product roadmap accordingly
All communication will be in English.
- Proven experience as a product owner, product manager, or similar role in service as a software development
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and tools, such as Scrum, Kanban, Jira, Trello, Monday, etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Ability to understand and translate the customer needs and the business goals defined by the stakeholders into product requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and handle multiple projects and tasks
- Taking client satisfaction to heart, ensuring work is delivered to a high standard
- Strong sense of organisation, prioritisation and focus
- Ability to explain complex, technical subjects to non-technical people
- Excellent attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
- Autonomous and organized
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
Salary & benefits
40-55k euros, depending on skills and experience.
As an employee based in France, the package includes:
- Five paid weeks of holidays
- +/- 10 paid public holidays a year
- Health insurance
- Paid sick leaves
- Pre-paid lunches
- Financial aid for coworking space
- End-of-the-year gifts
- Teambuilding activities once or twice a year
- Other rewards
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.