Web Analytics expert
Full time / Employee or Contractor
Montpellier, FR / Remote
Who we are
Southwatts is a fast-growing high performance business that supports multinational companies operating in complex environments.
Our international team is driven by a desire to tackle new challenges in innovative ways and staying ahead of the curve in data analysis.
We are looking for people who want to do the same.
The company is based in Montpellier, France. However, we all work remotely. If this is the type of job you are looking for, the time difference must be less than 3 hours with France time (plus or minus) and be able to work from 9:00 to 18:00.
You will be working in an environment that confronts you with a wide variety of issues, technologies. Your creativity and ability to find solutions will be stimulated.
Processes are built collectively, and you will be asked to share your views.
What we are hiring for
For this specific mission, experience and profile are going to be key. Please make sure you match the criteria before applying.
For this position, we are looking for someone who is 80% Web Analytics Engineer, and 20% Data Engineer.
The Web Analytics Engineer will be working with our clients to collect behavioral data from different types of sites and applications.
If you are this person, you will be mainly focusing on delivery activities, though you will also participate in a variety of activities ranging from
Daily, 80% of the time:
- Writing business requirements and tagging plans in collaboration with the client
- Auditing web and app analytics framework; including data layer, tag management systems and reporting capabilities
- Following implementation on websites (development and tag implementation), making sure it fits the initial requirements, and communicate on achievements
- Setting up implementation strategies
- Participate to Google Marketing Platform configuration
- End-to-end quality insurance, including monitoring and incident management
- Deliver dashboards or analysis
- Supporting our customers with the implementation
On occasion, 20% of the time, based on skills:
- Build non web data pipelines
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
You will be in touch with a variety of teams from all over the world
Who we are hiring
The business structures that our clients manage are always specific, complex, and heterogeneous in maturity. It is important you are:
- Independent, proactive, analytical, and open-minded
- Able to foresee the impact of your actions in the long-term
- Able to patiently explain technical issues to people who are not experts
- Critical thinking
- Team player
- Communication will be in English. The core of our offer is based on Google Marketing Platform. It is crucial to us that you can show:
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
- Proven experience with Google Tag Manager and datalayers, and Google Analytics. More than a use case we will look at the understanding of the concepts of each tool, and how you are able to use them to create deployability and maintainability.
- Strong appetite for challenging environments
- Some experience in dashboarding and data presentation
- Ability to capture and translate requirements into specifications
- Other tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe)
- Experience in Data Engineering outside of the Web Analytics sphere
- Other analytics tools (Tableau, Adobe Analytics, Power BI)
- Google Cloud certification
What is most important to us
- Passion for web analytics and data in general
- Willingness to be part of and improve collective ways of working
What you get
35-42k euros, depending on skills and experience. Freelancers are welcome, that would be for a long contract with adequate rates.
As an employee based in France, the package includes:
- 5 paid weeks of holidays
- Private health care
- Paid sick leaves
- Pre-paid lunches
- Coworking space
- Other rewards
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.