Full-time / Employee or Contractor
Montpellier, FR / Hybrid
Who we are
Southwatts is a fast-growing, high-performance business that supports multinational companies operating in complex environments. Our international team is driven by a desire to tackle new challenges innovatively and stay ahead of the curve in data analysis.
We are looking for people who want to do the same.
The company is based in Montpellier, France. However, we all work remotely. For this specific job, we offer a hybrid setting, meaning you should be able to come to Montpellier two/three times a week.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment that confronts you with various projects and challenges. Your ability to adapt and grasp new concepts will be stimulated.
Processes are built collectively, and you will be asked to share your views.
Join our dynamic team as a full-stack developer specialised in front-end dev at SouthWatts. We seek a talented individual with solid expertise in Front-End conventional technologies (HTML/CSS/JS), Nuxt 3, Tailwind, NodeJS and Typescript, but who is able to work on NodeJS-based back end when needed. As a full-stack developer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining an in-house solution where the readability of the dashboards is key.
- Design, develop, and deploy an SPAâs front end.
- As part of the development team, you will have a direct say in the conversations to translate requirements into appropriate technical solutions, and more specifically, you will drive the process of designing the evolutions of the front end of our in-house solutions.
- Work with APIs, microservices, and serverless functions.
- Write high-quality, well-tested code and conduct unit testing.
- Implement and optimise CI/CD pipelines for efficient software delivery.
- Ability to work on-site regularly (two or three times a week).
- Ability to work autonomously, with previous experience working remotely/from home.
- Proficient level of English.
- Bachelor's degree or provable equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, JS and Typescript.
- Proven experience as a Front-End/Full-Stack developer focusing on Nuxt and Pinia.
- Solid understanding of Git and experience with Git flow.
- Familiarity with unit testing and CI/CD automation.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services such as Cloud Run, Cloud Function, and App Engine.
- Familiarity with other cloud providers and technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of serverless computing and event-driven architectures.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, notably through GitHub Actions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of AI-based development utilities, helpers and tools.
Salary & benefits
35 - 45k euros, depending on skills and experience. Freelancers are welcome. That would be for a long contract with adequate rates.
As an employee based in France, the package includes:
- Five paid weeks of holidays
- +/- 10 paid public holidays a year
- Health insurance
- Paid sick leaves
- Pre-paid lunches
- Financial aid for coworking space
- End-of-the-year gifts
- Teambuilding activities once or twice a year
- Other rewards
As a contractor, you get financial extra to compensate for some employee-only perks.
We will actively support your development, and it matters to us that you spend time with your peers. Attending conferences and meetings will be encouraged and supported.